What’s new in Microsoft .Net Framework 4.8?
Microsoft always added a new thing to the .Net Framework with every release. Let’s check what’s new in Microsoft .Net Framework 4.8?
Microsoft announces .Net framework 4.8 release details on 18th April 2019. It is included in Windows 10 May 2019 update as well.
You can download .Net Framework 4.8 for Windows 7+ and Windows Server 2008 R2+.
.Net Framework 4.8 comes with an improvement in several areas:
- Runtime – JIT improvements
Bug fixing and improvement.
- Runtime – NGEN improvements
Remove writable & executable sections from NGEN images in the .NET Framework.
- Runtime – Antimalware Scanning for All Assemblies
Implement Antimalware Scan Interface.
- BCL – Updated ZLib
updated clrcompression.dll to use version 1.2.11 which includes several key improvements and fixes.
- BCL – Reducing FIPS Impact on Cryptography
Handle CryptographicException when the system cryptographic libraries are configured in “FIPS mode”.
- Windows Forms – Accessibility Enhancements
- Windows Forms – UIA LiveRegions Support in Labels and StatusStrips
- Windows Forms – ToolTips on keyboard access
Trigger a control’s tooltip by focusing the control using a Tab key or arrow keys with or without modifier keys.
- Windows Forms – DataGridView control accessible hierarchy changes
- WPF – Improvement like Tooltips on keyboard access, Support for UIAutomation ControllerFor property, High DPI Enhancements etc.
- WCF – Improvement like Return service health status with HTTP response codes.
How to download .Net Framework 4.8?
.Net Framework 4.8 comes with the Web Installer (online Installer) and Offline Installer.
Web Installer required internet connection during the installation. While with the Offline Installer you can download from the internet and installed later in a disconnected state.
Download .Net Framework 4.8 Web Installer
Download .Net Framework 4.8 Offline Installer
You can download .Net Framework 4.8 Developer Pack from here: .Net 4.8 Developer Pack
You can download .Net Framework 4.8 runtime Pack from here: .Net Download Site
Supported Windows Versions
Windows Client versions: Windows 10 version 1903, Windows 10 version 1809, Windows 10 version 1803, Windows 10 version 1709, Windows 10 version 1703, Windows 10 version 1607, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1
Windows Server versions: Windows Server 2019, Windows Server version 1803, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 2
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!