How to Write an Algorithm in Programming Language?
Algorithm in Programming Language
An Algorithm in Programming Language is the best way to represent the logic before implementing it. An Algorithm is a simple way to write our logic in the form of a language like English so that everyone can understand the logic before implementing the actual coding.
Qualities of a good Algorithm
- Input and output should be defined precisely.
- Each step in the algorithm should be clear and unambiguous.
- The algorithm should be most effective among many different ways to solve a problem.
- An algorithm shouldn’t have computer code. Instead, the algorithm should be written in such a way that, it can be used in similar programming languages.
Examples of Algorithms In Programming
Here is the example to find the largest value from the given list.
Algorithm LargestNumber Input: A list of numbers L. Output: The largest number in the list L. if L.size = 0 return null largest ← L for each item in L, do if item > largest, then largest ← item return largest
- “←” denotes assignment. For instance, “largest ← item” means that the value of the largest changes to the value of the item.
- “return” terminates the algorithm and outputs the following value.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?